January 30, 2017 11:43am
JERUSALEM (JTA) — One year ago, we thought we had made history. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government passed the Western Wall agreement, for the first time granting official recognition to non-Orthodox Jewish streams and women’s rights at Judaism’s holiest site. We were proud of achieving a historic compromise because we knew it was the only…
August 27, 2012 8:58pm
As Israel can fire civil servants who are racists, why not use this power immediately against state-employed rabbis who preach hate, asks the executive director of the Israel Religious Action Center.
- Gal Gadot’s husband went viral on Instagram because of this T-shirt
- Otto Warmbier, American student detained in North Korea, dies
- Jon Ossoff’s secret weapon in tight Georgia race: Jewish moms and daughters
- Otto Warmbier’s family hid his Jewishness to aid negotiations with North Korea
SponsoredAfter realizing 45-year dream of aliyah, couple is surprised by what they find
Analysis‘Jewish spouses matter,’ says a new study. And the intermarriage debate escalates.
- Immigrant advocate David Lubell awarded $100,000 Charles Bronfman Prize
- Ehud Olmert suffers suspected heart attack in prison
- Airline cannot ask women to move seats for haredi Orthodox men, Israeli judge rules
Watch‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ invades the streets of Tel Aviv
OpinionFewer marriages and fewer children means fewer Jews doing Jewish